Thursday, September 18, 2014

Trust

   She stands on the small plastic chair. "Move back farther!" she giggles. "Catch me, Emma!" My babysitting charge leaps into my arms, squealing with delight. "Again!" She repeats the process several times. Finally, I tell her it's time to stop. She decides to play hide and seek instead. 

   This little scene happened on Friday when I was babysitting a little girl from our library. She has an amazing imagination and is so full of joy. She's like my little sister:)

Anyway, while this was happening, I was having a small revelation. I realized that this is how we should be with God. Fully trusting. We should be able to leap into God's arms and trust Him to be there and catch us. Never having a doubt as to whether or not He'll be there.

Today, at our co-op, we were doing trust falls. I had never done one before. Joe(my brother) stood behind me. "Come on, Emma. Just fall. I'll catch you!" And he did catch me. But then the second time, he took a few steps back without me realizing. Thanks, Joe. That scared me. 

   I did it a few times with my friend, then. "Don't you trust me?" Kay asked. I did trust her, and I leaned back. She caught me every time. Each time, she moved farther back. There's kinda this exhilarating but terrifying second when you realize you're too far back to catch yourself. 

   Anyway, here's my tie-in. Even though its hard, trusting God is the best possible option. Every time. All the time. Yeah, it's hard to build up that trust. "Will you really catch me?" we ask. "Of course. Don't you trust me?" He answers. And so we lean back and fall into His waiting arms. 
--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--

No comments:

Post a Comment