Saturday, May 23, 2015

Second to the right and straight on 'til morning

You know that feeling you get when you've poured so much of your soul and time (about 74 hours, yes I counted) into something? When this thing has a part of you in it, a part of your life?

And then it ends.

That's what I'm feeling right now.

I guess it's inevitable. Everything has to end eventually. But that doesn't make it any less sad.

As you may have guessed, Peter Pan and Wendy ended last night. It was our last show, and we did pretty awesome.

I wish I could share these feelings with you. Relive them.

I want to share the feeling I got as I stood on that wonderful stage in my costume that made me look and feel like a ripped-up teddy bear (but I still loved it) surrounded by all my awesome friends.

I wish I could share the feeling of grabbing my bow, pushing Tink out of the way, and 'shooting' the Wendy Bird. Of my friends rushing onstage as I proclaimed, "You are too late! I have shot the Wendy. Peter will be so pleased with me." Of being reprimanded for my 'damp' feet.

I wish I could share the feeling I got as the Lost Boys rushed onstage, laughing and splashing each other with imaginary water. As I tried to answer the questions, "What color were mother's eyes? Which was taller, father or mother? Was mother blonde or brunette?" As we hid behind the rock. As I imitated a codfish. As I fought Noodler and got a 'taste' of Johnny Corkscrew.

I want to share the feeling of the curtain coming up on the Hideout. Of proclaiming to Michael that I could eat an entire mermaid, but a biscuit would have to do for now. Of asking to be father, or baby, or a twin. Of seeing Lauren spew imaginary water and biscuit with indignance. Of defending Wendy and threatening to blood everyone severely.

I wish I could tell you how fun it was to be dragged onto the pirate ship. To yell, "You fiend!" as I was kicked and shoved into position. To sass Captain Hook, and cry when Wendy was brought out.
To play cat and mouse around the mast and tease Hook. To see Peter say, "And now me hearties, to the mainland!" with a huge swirl of Fairy Dust.

I want to share the feeling of tumbling into the Darling's nursery. Of running out for bows one last night. Of seeing the whole cast (minus a few) in that well-lit church basement, eating ice cream and sharing memories from the production.

But most of all, I want you to feel the unity and love and God's presence as the Lost Boys gathered in a prayer circle before going on for the last show. As we gathered to 'Pass the Love' with the whole cast, all holding hands and the words of my older brother echoing in my ears: "This is our last shot...and remember, whatever happens, I love you guys."
--------------------------------------
Since the end of February, I've built new friendships, rediscovered old ones, and had a blast finding my character.

To the cast and crew--
I love you guys so much, and can't wait for next year. I'll be waiting<3

(And now some Lord of the Rings quotes to sum up what I'm feeling)

“It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring    

“I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring  

I'm so glad this is how I've decided to spend my time over the last few months, and all in all, this is one adventure I'd take again in a heartbeat, and wouldn't be able to wait until after tea for.
I love you guys.

(From left to right:
Jukes, Tootles(me), Michael, Curly, Young Wendy, Nibs, Holland)

(Full cast)

P.S. 
  Check out the song Lost Boy by Ruth B.It's beautiful.  

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... my lil baby Tootles... you made me cry. Twice. (Yes, I read it twice... Poor little Momma is missing her boys.)
    Also, I did not realize you have a blog, but I'm going to check it out now! I think it's very cool (coming from a fellow blogger) and I think you should definitely keep writing, if you enjoy doing it. It's a great outlet and my biggest passion. I have also been writing today, trying to process some of my emotions and the scenes through the past few days, weeks, and months. This post is really sweet and I love it :)
    Miss you! Lots of hugs. <3 See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! This little lost boy is missing her mother very much too:) Cant wait to see everyone again today!

      Delete
  2. Em, this such an awesome post. All of today I've kind of just been mellow and wondering why I'm not more upset that this is all over (maybe it's just the lack of sleep). But this just reminded me of the gem of a production we had, and how it was such a blessing to do it with you. I love you so much! See you tomorrow!
    P.S. The next time someone who you know is a troublemaker tells you to shoot a strange bird, don't do it ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) yeah, I wasn't too upset yesterday, although I did kinda start to cry while I was writing. I was just grumpy from lack of sleep. I can't wait to see you guys again today!
      P.S. I'll try not to, but I can't help it if Tootles is gullible sometimes!

      Delete
  3. Curly#your new all-time fave LostBoyMay 25, 2015 at 2:54 PM

    OMG my girls I just listened to Lost Boy and I literally cried it was so beautifuuuuul I love you all so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curly#your new all-time fave LostBoyMay 25, 2015 at 2:58 PM

    Tuna I have no words... your post made me cry so hard, I can't even right now I mean really, like, whaaht...... Thats all I have to say

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curly#your new all-time fave LostBoyMay 25, 2015 at 3:09 PM

    also LUV the new profile pic mah Tuna LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally figured out how to post a comment! : D
    Great post, Tootles! I will gladly spew water for you any day....

    ReplyDelete