Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Big E

Last night, I got back from the Big E. I went with 4-H, and presented my speech and a dress that I made. 

Now, I'm realizing how much I got used to these people, and how much I miss all of them. 

I don't really know what to do with no more fashion shows and walking around the fair. Just keep the memories, I guess? 

I just want it to happen again. All the laughing and posing and raised eyebrows and jokes and misread names and 'Draw Four's. 

As I sat at that table at night, surrounded by other 4-Hers playing Uno, I asked myself what life would be like without all my friends. 

The answer? Probably pretty boring. 

Yeah, everyone's weird and sometimes rather frightening, but I still love it. And I love them. 

I'm not totally sure what to do now. And I'm also not sure what I wanted to say in this post. I guess it's that when you find friends, hold onto them, and hold onto those moments because you never knew when there will be a time like that ever again. 

1 comment: