Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Song On My Heart-- He Knows My Name, Francesca Battistelli

(I realized that my post yesterday kinda turned into a scrapbook of my previous shows, sorry!)

So lately, the song 'He Knows My Name' by Francesca Battistelli has been in my head. (listen to it here)

The lyrics for the chorus seem to fit me:
 
I don't need my name in lights
I'm famous in my Father's eyes
Make no mistake
He knows my name
I'm not living for applause
I'm already so adored
It's all His stage
He knows my name oh, oh,
He knows my name oh, oh

I'll admit it, I love the stage. Acting, singing or dancing, I adore it. And I also want to be famous. But who doesn't?

We are born with the desire to be loved. To be known. To be important to someone. And God gives that to us.

We might not always feel it. But it's there.

And for me, it's important to keep my priorities sorted out.

I don't need my name in lights
I'm famous in my Father's eyes

I don't need to be famous to the world to be loved.
 
I'm not living for applause
I'm already so adored
 
I don't need to have an audience full of fans to feel adored and important.
 
Because HE knows my name.
 
God, the creator of all things, the most important being in the whole universe, knows MY name.
 
I've struggled with that before.
 
How can you know me, God? I am so tiny compared to the rest of the world. How is someone like ME important to YOU?
 
And I've found the answer.
 
He knew us before we were born. Psalm 139:15-16 says:
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
 
Before we came into the world, before we took that first gulp of air, God knew us. He watched over us. Loved us.
 
He knows what will happen to us before it does.
'All the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.'
 
And I love that. God loves me. Knows me. Created me.
 
And I am famous to Him.
 
I don't need my name in lights
I'm famous in my Father's eyes
Make no mistake
He knows my name
I'm not living for applause
I'm already so adored
It's all His stage
He knows my name oh, oh,
He knows my name oh, oh
 
He calls me chosen, free forgiven, wanted, child of the King,
His forever, held in treasure...
I am loved

Thank You Lord.



(Just a note, I finished The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn yesterday!!)

(Oh, and also, there will probably be the occasional completely random post that has nothing to do with my faith or fandoms. Just a warning.:))

No comments:

Post a Comment