Friday, September 2, 2016

When Summer becomes Fall

This summer has been pretty cool. (Well, not literally cool in the slightest but I think you get what I mean)

It was full of dance recitals and 'youth' conferences and barbeques with friends before they left for college. There were lots of laughing kids involved (with babysitting and VBS) and also a pretty boss cover of We Are The Champions by Queen on the kazoo. I camped with friends, had those all-important 2am talks that everyone needs once in awhile, and made more weird inside jokes that make no sense.

We also road-tripped to Gettysburg and D.C. and Philadelphia and I took lots of cool pictures (although I kinda managed to break the camera's auto-focus. Whoops)
This is like my favorite picture I took the entire week
We went all over Washington D.C. (I was grumpy almost the whole time, just ask my family) and we saw the Washington Monument (I have several failed pictures out a window of this) and we also got to see the Changing of the Guard at Arlington National Cemetery, which was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
One of my failed out-of-the-window attempts





















I want to mention that the reason I was grumpy the whole time was the fact that WASHINGTON D.C. WAS SO HOT like it actually got to 100 degrees at one point.

Awesome recycled jellyfish I found

Also, I went to a zoo for the first time! Well, the first time in my memory. My favorite part of that was probably the small mammal house and also the panda that sleeps exactly like I do
Can confirm

And this tiny little fennec fox that was adorable

But I guess everything has to end. Including summer.

We have to leave behind the great memories and laughs and thoughts that yeah, this was the best summer yet because of this thing called SCHOOL that I started on Monday so yeah my life is different now.

And even though summer is essentially over now, there's always more to do. One more beach day. One more sleepover. And even after that, fall brings its own perks and more memories to be made. Nutcracker auditions are the 10th and although I'm really hoping for Mother Ginger, I can't wait for whatever roles I get to start rehearsing.

My brother and I head down to Easterns again in the end of September, which is always a guaranteed amazing time. I mean, throw a large group of teenagers into a state fair for a weekend with a few chaperones, what could go wrong? Actually not that much because the chaperones are great but just make sure you don't drink a frappe that messes with your stomach for the entire day.

I guess I'm really just excited for fall weather because it means I can wear scarves and sweaters and sweatpants all day every day. Also the smell of fall is my favorite smell in the world.

And it also means that October and spooky crafts with 4-H is coming.

Anyyyway, I hope you've all had a great summer and you're all geared up for an even better fall! (even with school and everything starting) Leave me a comment with your favorite part of summer!

And now this picture I took at an art museum that made me laugh really hard. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment