Sunday, July 26, 2015

Friendship


Do you ever wonder why your friends chose you?
I do.

Out of everybody in the world they could have possibly chosen for a friend, they chose me.

If you get this Tolkien joke, I applaud you.

That's something I have trouble understanding sometimes. Why is it that you chose this short, stocky, sometimes-introverted triple threat that loves glitter and books?

I'm weird. I mess up my words a lot. I have odd quirks. Yet you still love me.

All those times I shut you out, locked in my own world; when I didn't feel like dancing and wanted to stay in the corner; when I was grumpy (which is a lot sometimes); when I was scared backstage, you never gave up on me.

Why?

I guess that's the great mystery of friendship. You find people you love and stick with them, no matter what.

So this is for my friends.

It's for Kay and Tink and Hawk and the Twins. For Mem, Jess and Anna. For Sky and Benny. For my Bro.

It's for those hours backstage. Those nights in the basement, talking nonsense and hiding under the bed to scare each other. That time we stayed up til 11 on chat because I was watching Phantom of the Opera. For "I need leg room!" and pushing Kay off the bed. Being 'drunk' on ice cream and laughing at nothing. For ripped up costumes and hugs. For drawing classes, charcoal, and being instructed to "Stop acting like children." For the countless birthday parties filled with frosting, whipped cream, and Mad Libs. For all the co-op classes and threats of standing in the corner. For the Big E and Sandstorm and Journey. For singing so loud and obnoxiously, and voices cracking. For plans of Sorelle. For prayers and pass the love and tears.

I love you guys so much.

And thank you for loving me. You pick me up when I'm down, smile when I don't want it, and I can't thank you enough. I don't deserve you.






I was inspired to write this post today because of the birthday of one of my best friends. Our moms taught together and our families have been friends for years. She was born 12 days after me, so we've pretty much known each other our whole lives.  
  Kay--
   Thanks for being such an awesome friend. I love you so much. Have an amazing birthday! <3

Philippians 1:3-4

   I thank my God every time I remember you. In all of my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment